Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions for membership and use of the Il Circolo Calabrese services and websites.
Terms and Conditions
The Il Circolo Calabrese website is an internet service owned and operated by Il Circolo Calabrese ("ICC"), a non-profit, global organization with its headquarters in Auckland, New Zealand. "You" refers to any user of ICC products or services or any minor that you allow to use or gain access to the ICC website and ICC services. By using ICC services, this means that you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions described in this agreement.
ICC will assign you a username. You will select your own password for your website and ICC Forum accounts.
Content Submitted to ICC
- When entering information into any our databases, you agree to provide true, accurate and complete information. You agree that if any information you provide is false or misleading, ICC reserves the right to terminate your use of the website and/or delete all content that you have submitted and remove you from ICC membership.
- ICC offers forums, databases, and other features which allow users to post, distribute and send content. ICC does not have an obligation to pre-screen content posted by users and ICC is not responsible for or obligated to monitor or edit such content. However, ICC shall have the right to remove, relocate or edit content which is in violation of ICC Terms and Conditions, which ICC has received complaints about, or that ICC finds objectionable for whatever reason without notice to you.
- All submissions made by users to ICC are the responsibility the user who contributed the submission. ICC is not responsible for any inaccuracies of the submissions or submissions which contain misleading or deceptive information and ICC does not endorse or shall be held responsible for any injury, loss, or damage which occurs as a result of such submissions. You must bear all of the risks associated with the use of any content from ICC.
- Any user who chooses to make any personally identifiable or other information publicly available in ICC does so at his/her own risk.
- All information that you provide on your membership application, ICC Forum profile or member profile, unless otherwise specified, will be displayed on the ICC website and ICC Forum and is available for others to view. In order to do this, by submitting your information to ICC or allowing your information to be posted on the website, you grant ICC a worldwide royalty free, irrevocable, non-exclusive and unrestricted license to transmit, distribute, archive and display any such information. You agree that you will not receive any compensation, monetary or otherwise for submissions that you have contributed to ICC.
- We do not endorse nor are we responsible for any communications between users of the website, forums or any other database.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and you are responsible for all activities under your username and password. To maintain your privacy, you agree to logout from your account at the end of each session. ICC is not responsible for any losses or consequences arising from your failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
- ICC users may provide links to other sites. ICC does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, products or services available from such sites and links.
Privacy and Use of Information
ICC reserves the right to use any or all information provided or entered onto our website for its own marketing purposes.
This includes, but is not limited to, any information supplied via:
- Database queries
- Membership applicatons
- Contact forms
- Any other interactive component of our website where user input is supplied
If the user objects to any use of their information for this purpose, then the only recourse is to refrain from using this website. Use of this website and entry of personal details is deemed as permission for ICC to store this information for potential future use. This permission will be deemed as permanent unless a specific request is made to remove your details from ICC’s marketing database. Requests can be made online at: http://www.circolocalabrese.org/remove.asp. Requests made via the removal page online take effect instantly.
Under no circumstances will ICC ever disclose this information to any other third party, for any purpose, unless directed to do so by competant law enforcement authorities.
Rules for Conduct
You must agree not to use ICC's products and services to:
- Post, transmit, or display anything that is illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive, harassing, invasive of another's privacy, degrading, defamatory, vulgar, hateful, libellous, fraudulent, obscene, pornographic or otherwise objectionable.
- Post, transmit, or display content which is protected by copyright or trademark or that does not belong to you and that you do not have authorisation of the owner of the copyright or trademark to use.
- Post, transmit, upload, or display content which contains proprietary or confidential information that you do not have a right to transmit.
- Use the sites for any illegal activity or provide material which promotes or teaches illegal activity.
- Post or transmit material which violates the privacy or rights of others.
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity or falsely claim an endorsement that you do not have.
- Post, transmit or make available unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, chain letters or any other form of solicitation.
- Reproduce, copy or sell any portion of ICC website or content of databases.
- Stalk or harass others.
- Systematically download contents and data of the ICC databases to make or populate another database or for a commercial purpose.
These Terms and Conditions are applicable for users who proceed with membership in ICC's global organization.
- ICC reserves the right to refuse any service to a user. In such an event, the user will be provided with a refund for any payment made for the refused service.
- All pricing is in US dollars.
- Payment must be made in full before membership activation or website access is granted to the member.
- The cost of membership is set at the time of the application. Additional membership applications or renewals at a later date will be at the current rate on the date of the additional membership or renewal.
- By submitting content to ICC for use on its website or forums, the user warrants that it has the right to submit such content to ICC. By submitting content to ICC, you warrant that either you are the owner of the content or have full authority by the owner of the content to submit the content to ICC. Minors must have approval and consent from their legal guardian.
- After submitting an application for membership and following ICC's completion of your application processing, all fees are non-refundable.
- All memberships that have recurring subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of each of their selected terms unless cancellation is requested in writing via our Contact Us page at least 72 hours prior to renewal. Alternatively, you can cancel subscriptions manually from your PayPal account. All cancellations will be processed within 72 hours of notification. All automatic renewals that are allowed to proceed are non-refundable once the transactions are completed.
- You agree not to initiate any credit card or PayPal disputes for payments that are allowed to proceed. If you do so, you will be in breach of this agreement, and any fees incurred by ICC as a result of these disputes are payable directly by you. You also agree to bear the full expense of all legal and collections actions that may be initiated against you as a result.
Limitations of Liability and Disclaimer
ICC is not liable in any way for any damages, costs or expenses incurred for any reason in connection with the use of ICC products or services. In respect to direct loss, ICC's total liability for any and all claims, whether arising from ICC's negligence or otherwise, shall not exceed the price of the amount paid, if any, directly to ICC for its service. The sole remedy if you are dissatisfied with any part of ICC membership or services is to discontinue using the ICC website.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ICC and its affiliated companies and their directors and employees from and against all claims, losses, costs arising out of your activities in connection with your use of the site, your violation of the Terms and Conditions for using this site, and any content that you post or make available on ICC sites including but not limited to any violations of copyright or trademark or the rights of any party.
You are not permitted to copy or distribute materials presented to you on the ICC website, including but not limited to logos and text. ICC, Il Circolo Calabrese, Calabria Surname Database, Italian Form Letter Generator, ICC Forum and any associated logos are Trademarks and service marks of Il Circolo Calabrese.
This site and services associated with this site are provided "AS IS" and without any representations or warranties of any kind regarding the operation of this site and the content contained in this site. ICC makes no representations concerning the suitability, reliability or accuracy of the contents of its site, the contents posted by users to the site, or the service provided. In no case will ICC be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including direct, indirect, punitive damages, even if advised of the possibility thereof. ICC and its affiliated companies disclaim all warranties with respect to the site and any content contained thereon, the submissions and any responsibility to archive or maintain such submissions.
ICC reserves the right, at its sole discretion to terminate your use of ICC website and services for any reason, including a belief by ICC that you have violated these Terms and Conditions. ICC is not liable to you or to any third party for any termination of your services and/or deletion of your content from the ICC site.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand. You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
Modifications to the Agreement and the Service
ICC reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify the site, these disclaimers, this agreement, and the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time. Any changes to this agreement will be reflected in this section of the ICC website. If you continue to use ICC services after a change is posted to the Terms and Conditions section of the ICC website, this means that you have accepted and are bound by the changes.